Now you can play in Two Player Mode from your iPhone and iPad. Automatic reconnection also was implemented (the most wanted missing feature), now the application will try to reconnect automatically with peer’s device without any user interaction. Based on my tests I can notice that in some cases, connection over WiFi is less responsive, in this case the best solution is to turn off WiFi, and the connection will be established over Bluetooth. Also there are still some cases when the peer device cannot be discovered. In this case try to recreate the game, if doesn’t work try the same thing as before: switch to Bluetooth. (GameKit doesn’t allows to specify the connection order if Bluetooth and WiFi both are available)
Posts Tagged With: Video Games
Scoring is available for iPhone and iPad, and here are some details, how it is working. Considering the characteristics of the two game modes, the maximum achievable score will be different:
- Commander Mode: Max 10 points
- Admiral Mode: Max 20 points + bonus points
In every match, 4 categories (category score contributes to the main score in different ways in the two game modes):
- Cleverness: max 3 points in Commander mode and max 4 points in Admiral Mode
- Agility: max 3 points in Commander mode and max 6 points in Admiral Mode
- Precision: max 2 points in Commander mode and max 5 points in Admiral Mode
- Ammunition: max 2 points in Commander mode and max 5 points in Admiral Mode
For every category a value interval is set, and based on the achieved value, a score is calculated. Let’s consider an example, the easiest. Cleverness. This means, how many units were correctly highlighted. Our units will cover 24 cells on the board, so the maximum number of cells that can be correctly highlighted is 24 (Please note, that the incorrectly highlighted cell will reduce Cleverness value). So user can get Cleverness value between 0 and 24.
Now let’s see the corresponding score calculation. In Commander mode if the user achieves 20 as Cleverness value, he will get the maximum score (3 points for this mode), meanwhile in Admiral mode is enough to highlight correctly 15 cells he will get the maximum score (4 points for this mode). In Admiral Mode if all 24 cells are correctly highlighted, the user will get 2 extra bonus points.
The scoring intervals for the other three categories are:
- Agility (turns used before victory): If 6/7* or less will result maximum score, 12/11 value for minimum score. In Admiral Mode if the win occurs in turn 6 or before, a bonus point will be given
- Precision (number of cells covered by bombs – better if lower ): If 50/60* ore less will result maximum score, 70/80 ore more will result in minimum score. In Admiral Mode, if the user used less then 60 bombs, a bonus point will be given.
- Ammunition (number of bombs available in the last turn): If 6/8* or more will result maximum score, 2/1 or below will result the minimum score. In Admiral Mode, if the user has more than 8 bombs in the last turn, a bonus point will be given.
* First value = Commander mode / Second value = Admiral Mode